Sunday, October 1, 2023

GPTs

 

  1. General-purpose technology - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General-purpose_technology

    General-purpose technologies (GPTs) are technologies that can affect an entire economy (usually at a national or global level). GPTs have the potential to drastically alter societies through their impact on pre-existing economic and social structures. The archetypal examples of GPTs are the steam engine, electricity, and information technology.

    There are maybe 30 listed.

    I'm more into social groups, one of which would be insurancve, invented at Lloyd's coffee shop in London where someone guaranteeing return of a ship would write his name under it.  Thus 'underwriter'.

    Coffee was the mind-altering substance of the day. Some hold that the double helix of Watson and Crick was influenced by LSD. I don't know.

    I'm more interested is such social inventions, using JBJ's 4 on the 3-decker universe.

    I do hope that someone will email me at edencity 

    @aol.com to allow me to send you my latest.  Keep it for your grandchildren, for as ERH says, unless it's 3 generations, it doesn't count.

    Love in King Jesus,

    Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment