Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Psalm Chant BH Duane

 Suppose that you want to chant well? Some thoughts.

 
1--Teach 'em Hebrew. It's a multi-generational deal. I'm so old I studied Latin in public high school. Sobran has a nice nike quote on that. And high school graduates taught in country schools when Iowa had the highest literacy rate in the hation.
2--If Psalms is an example of Ancient, and Bach is B, then when we know how we got from A to B, we have some hope of getting to C, D, etc. I talked with a guy who will help us get toward C this holiday.
c--If the Psalm tells us to do something, DO IT!--Don't only sing about it. Psalm 150 is a good example. I bought a timbrel (tambourine) and created a dance (recapping creation/tabernacle in 8 steps). You could have one person shake a timbrel, when it says to.
2a--As North and Jordan tell us, the requirement to go to Jerusalem 3x a year, drove (when they complied) Israel to the city. We Israel may be driven to the next stage when we obey.
3--Use JBJ's translations. He used lines, avoiding the problems of lack of space.
4--Try some Hebrew Cadence when you want to know the music of A. Gregory helped with the up-down at the end, which might be Incarnational or Ascensional. Might.
5--is the New Jerusalem (RC) Bible a better translator of Psalm 25? They used English words to make an abecedary, but those weren't the exact words from Hebrew. but they had the form.
 
What do I know? Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment